Axial-Static Sealing of Pipe Fittings, Valves and Screws Caps
Profile rings (PRR) of the Dichtomatik brand are designed according to DIN 3869 in order to fit to as many standardized systems as possible. During installation and within the installation housing, the geometry of the seal protects twisting and minimizes mechanical deformation of the cross-section. They are used as axial-static soft seals in combination with threaded elements, e.g. in construction machinery, hydraulic presses, injection molding machines, fittings, hydraulic valves and pipe fittings in the general industry.
The profile ring type PRR221 is used as a static seal to replace a combination of O-ring and back-up ring. It is considered twist-resistant and not sensitive to gap extrusion. Frequent use is in hydraulic cylinders of mobile hydraulics, in presses and injection molding machines.
Benefits at a Glance
- Easy installation
- Minimal cross-section deformation
- Low sensitivity to gap extrusion
Choose the Right Solution
Profile Rings According to DIN 3869
- EPDM (temp.: -45 to +150°C): good resistance to e. g. hot water, steam, silicone oils, polar solvents and diluted chemicals
- FKM (temp.: -20 to +200°C): good resistance to e. g. mineral and synthetic oils, engine, water (max. +80°C), weathering, ozone and ageing
- NBR (temp.: -30 to +100°C): good resistance to e. g. mineral and hydraulic oils and greases, hydraulic pressure fluids (max. +60°C) and water (max. +80°C)
The TPU (PRR221) variant (temp.: -40 to +120°C) is often used as alternative to an O-ring/backup ring combination and shows good resistance to e.g. hydraulic oils and fluids.
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.