Reliable Sealing of Openings for Shaft or Axle Apertures
End caps reliably seal mounting bores in housings statically using axial press-fit installation. These are available in three versions:
- The VER01 has a smooth elastomer outer sheath to provide a reliable sealing function, even in split and light metal housings and with thin-bodied or gaseous media.
- The semi-shoulder version of our end cap (VER02) combines the advantages of the elastomer-sheathed sealing element and those with a metallic outer sheath in a single product.
- The version with grooved elastomer sheath (VER03) allows easier assembly and use in housings with high thermal expansion.
Benefits at a Glance
- Several product types for different requirements
- Good lifetime
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Suitable for many industrial applications
Important note: Dichtomatik products comply with common industrial standards and therefore are suitable for many applications excluding safety-critical ones like Automotive. Premium Freudenberg products are the right choice for all applications ensuring highest quality and safety standards and therefore optimal total cost of ownership.
Choose the Right Product
Out of Three Types
- End cap VER01 with an elastomer outer surface
- End cap VER02 with semi-shoulder design
- End cap VER03 with elastomer outer surface grooved
The end caps are available in the materials NBR (-30 to +100 °C) and FKM (-20 to +200 °C).
- VER NBR: good resistance in mineral oils and greases
- VER FKM: good resistance to mineral and synthetic oils as well as greases and aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons. Good resistance to weathering, ozone and ageing
Special variants can be manufactured according to customer’s specifications or developed using Freudenberg Sealing Technologies’ engineering services.
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.
Sealing products setting benchmarks
Premium products and individual sealing solutions of the Freudenberg brand are the perfect choice for any application. Uncompromising quality (0-defect strategy) and excellent performance ensure full safety and optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).Freudenberg Caps