Sealing of Rotating Shafts Against Contamination
Axial seals are often used in combination with rotary shaft seals, to reliably protect against dirt, grease or fluids as modular sealing elements. Typical applications of use are electric engines, transmissions, pumps, agricultural machinery, machine tools and washing machines. The two axial seal types, VRM01 (standard) and VRM02 (with extended metal ring for use as labyrinth seal) provide a good sealing effect on the running surface. Both of them consist of a coated metal ring and a mould vulcanized elastomeric sealing element. The metal ring protects the seal against damage and acts as a flinger.
Benefits at a Glance
- Reduced friction
- Small installation width
- VRM ring is fixed on the shaft by press fit
- No additional axial stop required
Choose the Right Solution
Out of Two Product Types in Two Materials Each
- NBR (temp.: -40 to +100°C) shows good resistance to many mineral oils and greases
- FKM (temp.: -30 to +180°C) shows good resistance to mineral and synthetic oils and greases, engine, transmission and ATF oils, fuels, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, chemicals and solvents
- Metal ring standard: coated steel 1.0204 (SAE 1008)
- Metal ring upon request: (also made of stainless and acid-resistant steel)
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.