Guidance of Pistons and Piston Rods
Guide elements absorb transverse forces that occur and prevent contact between the piston rod and cylinder cover and between the piston and cylinder barrel in hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders. Seven different guide element types provide maximum flexibility in usage. The variants GS01 and GS10 are suitable for light to medium surface pressures at high sliding speeds, while GS05, FRK05 and FRS05 are mainly used for high surface pressures and low sliding speeds.
Benefits at a Glance
- GS01 and GS10 show very good friction and lubricating behavior, prevent stick-slip-effects and show a high thermal and chemical stability. Available by the meter
- GS05, FRK05 and FRS05 permit high surface pressures and show very good wear characteristics
- GS05 is available as metered material and a good choice for larger diameters
- FRK01 and FRS01 (guide rings): tailored to the desired diameter
- Good lifetime
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Suitable for many industrial applications
Important note: Dichtomatik products comply with common industrial standards and therefore are suitable for many applications excluding safety-critical ones like Automotive. Premium Freudenberg products are the right choice for all applications ensuring highest quality and safety standards and therefore optimal total cost of ownership.
Choose the Right Product
Out of Seven Types
- GS01: made of bronze-filled PTFE, with structured surface and temperature range of -60 to +200 °C. Its slide speed is up to 15m/s
- GS10: made of bronze-filled PTFE, with smooth surface and temperature range of -60 to +200 °C. Its slide speed is up to 15m/s
- FRK01 and FRS01 (guide rings): made of bronze-filled PTFE, with structured surface and temperature range of -60 to +200 °C. Delivered in 30° cut strip
- GS05: made of hard fabric with PTFE, with smooth surface and temperature range of -50 to +120 °C. Its slide speed is up to 1m/s
- FRK05 and FRS05: made of hard fabric with PTFE, with smooth surface and temperature range of -50 to +120 °C. Its slide speed is up to 1m/s. Delivered in 45° bevel cut ring
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.
Tailor-Made Seals and Service Portfolio
Information about sealing solutions for hydraulic applications, which are mainly used to seal reciprocating moving components.
Guide elements are used to guide pistons and piston rods. Their great advantage lies in their universal applicability.
Sealing products setting benchmarks
Premium products and individual sealing solutions of the Freudenberg brand are the perfect choice for any application. Uncompromising quality (0-defect strategy) and excellent performance ensure full safety and optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).Freudenberg Guide Rings