Bonded Washers for Static Sealing
Bonded seals are metal washers with a vulcanized trapezoidal elastomer sealing lip being used as static seals for screw connections and flange seals. By tightening the screw, the elastomer sealing lip is compressed and thus generates the sealing effect. In the USS design, the sealing lip is formed to be self-centering. This automatically ensures correct fitting and loss-free assembly. Bonded seals of the Dichtomatik brand are available in standard steel and stainless steel, with an elastomer sealing lip made of NBR or FKM.
Benefits at a Glance
- For numerous European thread sizes in stock
- Cost effective solution (reusable)
- Simple and loss-proof assembly
- Transfer of high tightening torques
- Available in various materials
Choose the Right Solution
Out of Two Product Types
- NBR 70 (temp.: -30 to +100°C): good resistance to mineral oils and greases, hydraulic oils, Flame retardant hydraulic fluids (max. +50°C)
- FKM 70 (temp.: -15 to +200°C): good resistance to mineral/synthetic oils and greases, ATF oils (max. +150°C), flame-retardant hydraulic fluids HFD, aliphatic, aromatic and chlorinated hydrocarbons, weather, ozone and ageing
Pressures of up to 25 MPa are possible for installation without counterbore
Metal ring made of standard steel SAE 1008 (1.0330) with a zinc-chromated surface (Cr VI free); rust and acid resistant steel AISI 304 (1.4301)
Further special types such as bonded seals with elastomer sealing lip vulcanized to the outside (UA type) or according to customers' drawings are available upon request.
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.