Radial Seals for Translational Movements
Sealing of Hydraulic Rotary and Oscillating Movements
RPOR radial seals are seals that can be pressurized on both sides. They are used when high pressure loads occur in combination with translational movements. They consist of an elastomeric O-ring for pre-tensioning and a PTFE sealing element that is either internally sealing (RPORI32) or externally sealing (RPORA32). These radial seals often occur in double arrangements. The grooves running around the dynamic sealing surface allow lubricants build-up and reducing friction. The surface is specially designed for high pressure and low speed applications.
Benefits at a Glance
- Reduced friction and therefore good lifetime
- Good resistance against oils, lubricants, greases and hydraulic fluids
- Withstands high pressures at low speeds
- Improved emergency running properties
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Suitable for many industrial applications
Important note: Dichtomatik products comply with common industrial standards and therefore are suitable for many applications excluding safety-critical ones like Automotive. Premium Freudenberg products are the right choice for all applications ensuring highest quality and safety standards and therefore optimal total cost of ownership.
Choose the Right Product
Out of Two Types
- RPORI32: PTFE bronze sealing element with a NBR O-ring as pre-tensioning element for sealing hydraulic rotary transmission feedthroughs and swiveling or rotating shafts and rods; internal sealing
- RPORA32: PTFE bronze sealing element with a NBR O-ring as pre-tensioning element for sealing hydraulic rotary transmission feedthroughs and swiveling or rotating shafts and pistons; external sealing
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.
Sealing products setting benchmarks
Premium products and individual sealing solutions of the Freudenberg brand are the perfect choice for any application. Uncompromising quality (0-defect strategy) and excellent performance ensure full safety and optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).Freudenberg Product Portfolio