Radial Seals for Translational Movements
Sealing of Hydraulic Rotary and Oscillating Movements
RPOR radial seals are seals that can be pressurized on both sides. They are used when high pressure loads occur in combination with translational movements. They consist of an elastomeric O-ring for pre-tensioning and a PTFE sealing element that is either internally sealing (RPORI32) or externally sealing (RPORA32). These radial seals often occur in double arrangements. The grooves running around the dynamic sealing surface allow lubricants build-up and reducing friction. The surface is specially designed for high pressure and low speed applications.
Benefits at a Glance
- Reduced friction
- Good resistance against oils, lubricants, greases and hydraulic fluids
- Withstands high pressures at low speeds
- Improved emergency running properties
Choose the Right Solution for Your Needs
- RPORI32: PTFE bronze sealing element with a NBR O-ring as pre-tensioning element for sealing hydraulic rotary transmission feedthroughs and swiveling or rotating shafts and rods; internal sealing
- RPORA32: PTFE bronze sealing element with a NBR O-ring as pre-tensioning element for sealing hydraulic rotary transmission feedthroughs and swiveling or rotating shafts and pistons; external sealing
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.