Protecting Hydraulic and Pneumatic Cylinders Against the Entry of Dirt
Wipers prevent the entry of dust and dirt particles when the piston rod is retracted. They protect not only the sealing system from damage but also the hydraulic fluid from contamination. In addition, double-acting wipers also retain an excess residual oil film. Thanks to their press fit, wipers with metal housings are particularly suitable for heavy external contamination. The Dichtomatik product brand portfolio offers a wide variety of wipers, which can be used in many hydraulic cylinders.
Benefits at a Glance
- Single- and double-acting variants for open and closed installation spaces
- Different profiles for standardized installation spaces
- Wear resistant and therefore good lifetime
- Good resistance against oils, lubricants, greases and hydraulic fluids
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Suitable for many industrial applications
Important note: Dichtomatik products comply with common industrial standards and therefore are suitable for many applications excluding safety-critical ones like Automotive. Premium Freudenberg products are the right choice for all applications ensuring highest quality and safety standards and therefore optimal total cost of ownership.
Choose the Right Product
Out of Four Types
- AE series: single-acting; for mounting in closed installation spaces (AE40, AE42, AE41, AE47)
- AM series: single-acting wiper with circumferential metal reinforcement for press-fit mounting in axially open installation spaces (AM43, AM44, AM45, AM54)
- AD series: double-acting; for mounting in axially closed installation spaces. Made of NBR, TPU (AD48, AD51) or PTFE bronze material with an O-ring made of NBR as pre-tensioning element (AD60, AD61)
- ADM55: double-acting wiper including a metal caged ring being vulcanized to the TPU body; for press-fit installation in axially accessible installation spaces
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.
Tailor-Made Seals and Service Portfolio
Information about sealing solutions for hydraulic applications, which are mainly used to seal reciprocating moving components.
Wipers are used to wipe dirt and foreign matter from the piston rod that retracts into the system, protecting the hydraulic medium from contamination.
Sealing products setting benchmarks
Premium products and individual sealing solutions of the Freudenberg brand are the perfect choice for any application. Uncompromising quality (0-defect strategy) and excellent performance ensure full safety and optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).Freudenberg Wipers