Protecting for Hydraulic and Pneumatic Cylinders Against the Entry of Dirt
Wipers prevent the entry of dust and dirt particles when the piston rod is retracted. They protect not only the sealing system from damage but also the hydraulic fluid from contamination. In addition, double-acting wipers also retain an excess residual oil film. Thanks to their press fit, wipers with metal housings are particularly suitable for heavy external contamination. The Dichtomatik product brand portfolio offers a wide variety to find the right wiper for your application. They are used in almost every hydraulic cylinder.
Benefits at a Glance
- Single- and double-acting variants for open and closed installation spaces
- Different profiles for standardized installation spaces
- Wear resistant
- Good resistance against oils, lubricants, greases and hydraulic fluids
Choose the Right Solution for Your Needs
- AE series: single-acting; for mounting in closed installation spaces (AE40, AE42, AE41, AE47)
- AM series: single-acting wiper with circumferential metal reinforcement for press-fit mounting in axially open installation spaces (AM43, AM44, AM45, AM54)
- AD series: double-acting; for mounting in axially closed installation spaces. Made of NBR, TPU (AD48, AD51) or PTFE bronze material with an O-ring made of NBR as pre-tensioning element (AD60, AD61)
- ADM55: double-acting wiper including a metal caged ring being vulcanized to the TPU body; for press-fit installation in axially accessible installation spaces
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.