Dynamic and Static Sealing of the Piston Rod Towards the Cylinder
Rod seals are used for sealing of retracting and extending cylinder rods. This prevents the pressurized process media from escaping from the cylinder. In addition, the cylinder is reliably protected against dirt, dust or any fluids. Due to the wide range of requirements in hydraulic applications, such as pressure, pressure peaks, sliding speeds, temperatures, and process media, choosing the right rod seal is very important. The Dichtomatik product brand portfolio offers a wide range of elastomer and thermoplastic rod seals, such as the N, S, SNI, SDS, SPOR series. Typical applications for Dichtomatik rod seals are hydraulic cylinders in mobile hydraulics, agricultural machinery, construction machinery and presses.
Benefits at a Glance
- Broad product and material portfolio
- Temperature and media resistant
- Very good wear characteristics, reduced friction and therefore good lifetime
- No stick-slip-effect
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical profiles
- Special designs for high loads
- Very good price-performance ratio
- Suitable for many industrial applications
Important note: Dichtomatik products comply with common industrial standards and therefore are suitable for many applications excluding safety-critical ones like Automotive. Premium Freudenberg products are the right choice for all applications ensuring highest quality and safety standards and therefore optimal total cost of ownership.
Choose the Right Product
Out of Four Types
- N series: Symmetrical U-ring which can be used as piston or rod seal
- SNI series: Asymmetrical U-ring with inner dynamic sealing lip
- SPOR series: Combination of a PTFE-bronze sealing element and an O-ring (NBR) as pre-tensioning element
- S72: Wear and extrusion resistant TPU sealing element with a POM back-up ring
Please note that resistances, pressures and temperatures are mutually influenced by various parameters.
Tailor-Made Seals and Service Portfolio
Information about sealing solutions for hydraulic applications, which are mainly used to seal reciprocating moving components.
The task of rod seals is to seal the piston rod as it moves in and out in order to prevent the pressurized media from passing out of the cylinder. The seal material and the profile of the rod seal must be selected to suit the application and conditions of use.
Sealing products setting benchmarks
Premium products and individual sealing solutions of the Freudenberg brand are the perfect choice for any application. Uncompromising quality (0-defect strategy) and excellent performance ensure full safety and optimized total cost of ownership (TCO).Freudenberg Rod Seals